Day Trip to Manteo
Weather permitting we are still on for Saturday May 29th.
I have attempted to break the ride into the requested lengths for rest stops.
At the present time there will be between 5 and 10 bikes.
My suggested meeting place is the Fuel Market in Bridgeton across the highway from Hardees. 400 D Street, take Hwy. 17 North out of New Bern across the high rise bridge, after you go under the first overpass it’s the first gas station on your right.
Meet at 8:00 AM on Saturday
• First stop Belhaven, 60 miles, 1.1 hour travel.
• Second stop Engelhard, 48 miles, 55 minutes travel.
• Third stop Manteo, 48 miles, 55 minutes travel.
Darrells Seafood has been recommended by a friend of mine for our lunch stop. If anyone familiar with the area has a better recommendation please send it out to us.
• Manteo to Columbia/Creswell area, 45 miles around, 45 minutes travel
• Columbia to Mackeys Ferry Peanuts and Mackeys Ferry Gunshop, 40 miles, 45 minutes travel.
• Mackeys Ferry to Bridgeton, 60 miles, 1hour 10 minutes travel. We can make a stop in Washington if desired.
If anyone has an idea to improve the trip I’m open for suggestions.
And don’t forget to invite your riding friends!!
Monday, May 17, 2010
Posted by Ralph Southerland at 8:21 PM