Monday, July 2, 2007

Weekend rides

I installed some Kuryakyn adjustable foot pegs to compliment the rear foot boards on the Ultra. This allows Debbie to move her feet about a little when we are on the longer trips. She can also assume a highway peg position by resting her heel on the pegs as well. Time to try them out!



Debbie and I left home Saturday and headed in to Pamlico County. We took the Tunstall Swamp Road to Aurora instead of highway 55 to avoid the traffic. I was a little low on fuel when we got near Aurora so we decided to gas up. We decided to run to Chocowinity by way of highway 33 and then pick up 17 South back to New Bern. We stopped at Hardees in Chocowinity for a break and some iced tea and then it was back to New Bern. A great afternoon ride of about two hours and Debbie gives the new pegs an A+.





I guess we were looking for an easy ride Sunday and some lunch so Chad, Lynn, Debbie and I decided to head to Oriental. M and M's is our normal stop in Oriental but today we tried a new place, the Oriental Steamer Restaurant and Tavern. It's a bit pricey for lunch but very good seafood, lightly battered and not overcooked.







With a mild nautical theme and a quite good selection of beers I feel that we may be back.






No matter how many times we go to Oriental I can't resist a shot of the bikes at the Town Dock.







Could this be in Venice?












Part of the fleet preparing for the morning.





We stopped in at Paddle Pamlico in Oriental. Paddle Pamlico is the areas premier Kayak dealer. I think we may rent a couple in the near future and see Oriental from the water. The daily rates for the tandem models are quite reasonable. I bet I find an excuse to take some pictures. http://www.paddlepamlico.com/index.htm

No comments: