Friday, May 2, 2008

From The Mountains To The Coast

One big advantage of my job, for me at least, is the varied scenery I am exposed to.  In the past couple of weeks I worked in the Wilmington, NC area and then a few days later I see the awesome views of Jefferson, NC.  While I will always be partial to our coastal region, with it's lazy summer days and ocean moderated temperatures, I certainly can't resist the allure of our mountains.  What a wonderful state we live in!

Dscf8053a

Wrightsville Beach near sunset just after a front blows through.
Dscf8058a 

The peacefulness of the harbor as the day comes to a close.
Dscf8079a

While they may resemble the mountains I will see in a week or so, it's just the remnant clouds from the front.
Dscf8102a 

Floating amidst a sea of diamonds....
Dscf8114a

Some of the simple things in nature offer some of the most interesting opportunities.
Dscf8126a

Good morning.  A cup of coffee and this view certainly starts everything off right.
Dscf8225a

How about a picnic at Mount Jefferson?
Dscf8226a

Or the covered area for those days when it may rain?
Dscf8234a

A Black Locust tree partially frames the mountain view.
Dscf8250a

New growth for a new season in early spring.
Dscf8253a

An unobstructed view from the overlook.
Dscf8271a

There are the rare scenes that set themselves up perfectly.

No comments: