Friday, November 30, 2007

Read the Diagnostic Codes

We can't say we haven't been riding due to bad weather because the weather has been fairly good.  It's just the time of year and the altered schedules among friends and oh yeah, the monstrous amount of leaves. Time to mulch them up since they have passed their photographic best.

I started using Windows Live Writer to do the Blog entries and it works fairly well.  So far I like the finished appearance in the last few posts.

Map image

It lets me insert maps from Microsoft Virtual Earth as you see here.  This will be easier than importing the Google maps but there may be the issue of plotting the trip.

I started using IceRocket to count visitors to the site and Geobytes to see where the visitor IP might be located.  It's very interesting to see who hits the site.

We just had the 5000 miles service done on the Ultra so at least she's ready to ride.  One reason for the service, besides the mileage, was the engine light.  On a recent trip the engine light would periodically and briefly illuminate.  I knew it wasn't oil or heat so I checked for diagnostic codes. 

Here's how to do it:  Reading the Harley codes 

or here Reading the Harley codes

My codes indicated that there were front and rear O2 sensor issues.  How could that be with the Power Commander O2 bypass plugs installed?  Could have been connection issues so we'll give it some time.  I also discovered that the Power Commander folks were coming to train the New Bern Harley mechanics.  That may come in handy one day.

 

No comments: