Sunday, April 8, 2007

A Little About Me

I started riding motorcycles in 1973. The first one was a 1970 Suzuki TS185. There was a new TS185 in 1979 that I enjoyed for a little while. The Suzuki bikes were very capable off-road and I was always up for the cruise down the fire lanes in Croatan National Forest. While great off-road the on-road ability was lacking and the 2-cycle buzzing was butt numbing after 30 minutes or so. The last bike I had back-in-the-day was in 1981 and what a bike it was. A 1976 Suzuki RE5. They were only made for 3 or 4 years and had the Rotary engine. I remember that it got fairly bad mileage and had an unusual instrument panel. My uncle had a Triumph Bonneville 500 in the mid 70's and that bike is one that I will always remember. After the early 80's bikes were forgotten and things revolved around marriage, children and work.






I started working at Coastal Electronics, Inc. in 1979 and that is were I am today. I am a Senior Systems Technologist and I handle things that involve wireless and fixed data technology, networking, telemetry and microwave communication.







Debbie and I were married in 1984 and we have two sons. Both the boys are doing their own thing with the youngest nearing the end of his second year of engineering at NC State and the oldest seeming quite satisfied with life in Winston-Salem.






Photography has always been a hobby of mine. I started when I was very young by watching my grandfather compose shots with his various cameras. The capture of that one second in time has always seemed magical to me. As things evolved in and out of the 35mm arena, through the Polaroid Land cameras, back and on to digital I have constantly been involved to some extent with the technology. About half of the photographs I take are decent (in my opinion) but the excitement of that one great shot is hard to explain. Some of my personal favorites are on line at wunderground.com


To close this entry out here are a few of my favorite things:

Very spicy food
The color red
Dogs
The ocean
Cold beer
Blue jeans and T-shirts

No comments: