Monday, June 18, 2007

Ridin' Home

We had a lot to do this weekend so we didn't have the chance to put any miles on the Ultra so I was looking forward to the morning commute.



I left for work this morning at 7:00AM. It was a little cool at 67 degrees but quite enjoyable.





After work I headed to the gym to pay a little extra penance for my diversion to Bojangles at lunch and then headed home.











Just after the Pembroke exit traffic came to a slow crawl all the way to the pinnacle of the high rise bridge. Once by the remnants of the accident it was 60 mph and home in the sights.










At 82 degrees, 60 mph, feet on the highway pegs, and the 96 incher comfortably in sixth gear it was absolute heaven. The day was coming to a close and the sunset was beginning to appear in the rear view mirrors.











I'm sure it was another A + sunset over New Bern.









But to top it off, as if it could get any better, track 100 on the MP3 disc started up with a Doobie Brothers tune: Black Water. Remember the part that goes "And I aint got no worries
cause I aint in no hurry at all" ?

At that point in time it was so true.

No comments: